EL280 Two-Stage Gas Furnace
Model #: EL280
Series: Elite® Series
HighlightsEfficiency rating of 80% AFUE
20-Year Limited Warranty on heat exchanger, 10-Year Limited Warranty on covered
Here are some of the top features of the EL280:
Efficiency rating of
80% AFUE can save you hundreds of dollars each year* compared to older furnaces.
cooling SEER efficiency is achieved by matching the EL280 with a Lennox air conditioner
or heat pump.**
Continuous low-speed fan slowly circulates air for
improved comfort and improved indoor air quality.
- 80% AFUE heating efficiency—rating can save you hundreds of dollars
each year, compared to older furnaces
- Improved cooling efficiency—achieved by matching with a Lennox air conditioner
or heat pump, the EL280 will improve the system's SEER**
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with an electric heat pump to create
a dual-fuel system. This combination minimizes heating costs by seamlessly alternating
between the two energy sources, depending on outdoor conditions.
- Sealed blower compartment—minimizes losses and maximizes efficiency and
- Special sound-absorbing materials—further reduce sound for even quieter
- Two-stage operation—provides more even temperatures in your home
Continuous low-speed fan slowly circulates air for improved comfort and
improved indoor air quality.
- Duralok™ heat exchanger—made of patented ArmourTuf™ steel. Life-tested
in excess of agency requirements for long product life and durability
- SureLight® igniter—silicone nitride construction ensures long product
life and reliable operation
- SureLight control board—controls furnace operation to ensure high reliability
- Durable steel cabinet—sleekly styled and made to last with a contoured
design and high-quality paint finish
Warranty20-Year Limited Warranty on heat exchanger 5-Year Limited
Warranty on covered components This product may be eligible for valuable
10-year Limited Extended Warranty coverage with product registration.
PublicationsEL280DF Two-Stage Gas Furnace Homeowners ManualEL280 Two-Stage Gas Furnace Product Brochure
*This chart depicts potential energy savings you can expect from the EL280 furnace,
versus older furnaces with lower efficiency ratings. Criteria used in this example
are 2,000 full-load heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368
ccf for gas. Your actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in your
local area, local fuel rates and your individual lifestyle.
**Proper sizing and
installation of equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Verify actual
system efficiency at www.ahridirectory.org.