SL280V Variable-Speed Gas Furnace
Model #: SL280V
Series: Dave Lennox Signature® Collection
HighlightsEfficiency rating of 80% AFUE The quietest furnace in its class
SilentComfort™ technology Two-stage, variable speed operation
Dual-fuel capability Enhanced humidity control 20-Year Limited
Warranty on heat exchanger, 10-Year Limited Warranty on covered parts
Here are some of the top features of the SL280V:
Efficiency rating of 80% AFUE can save you hundreds of dollars each year**
compared to older furnaces.
Variable speed technology delivers greater humidity control and consistent
airflow for improved comfort and indoor air quality.
SilentComfort™ technology delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating.
Ultra-low continuous fan speed provides a quiet, constant flow of air and
optimizes indoor air quality accessories.
Improved cooling SEER efficiency is achieved by matching the SL280V with
a Lennox air conditioner or heat pump.***
- 80% AFUE heating efficiency—rating can save you hundreds of dollars
each year, compared to older furnaces
- Improved cooling efficiency—achieved by matching with a Lennox air conditioner
or heat pump, the SL280V will improve the system's SEER**
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with an electric heat pump to create
a dual-fuel system. This combination minimizes heating costs by seamlessly alternating
between the two energy sources, depending on outdoor conditions.
- iComfort®-enabled technology—allows the furnace, when installed with the
easy-to-use programmable iComfort Wi-Fi® thermostat, to exchange information and make
adjustments as needed to optimize performance and efficiency†
- Sealed blower compartment—minimizes losses and maximizes efficiency and
- The quietest furnace in its class*—up to 4-1/2 times quieter
than competitive models
- SilentComfort™ technology delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating.
- Special sound-absorbing materials—further reduce sound for even quieter
- Two-stage operation—provides more even temperatures in your home
- Variable speed technology—delivers greater humidity control and consistent
airflow for improved comfort and indoor air quality
- Ultra-low continuous fan speed—provides a quiet, constant flow of air
and optimizes indoor air quality accessories
- Duralok™ heat exchanger—made of patented ArmourTuf™ steel. Life-tested
in excess of agency requirements for long product life and durability
- SureLight® igniter—silicone nitride construction ensures long product
life and reliable operation
- SureLight control board—controls furnace operation to ensure high reliability
- Durable steel cabinet—sleekly styled and made to last with a contoured
design and high-quality paint finish
Warranty20-Year Limited Warranty on heat exchanger 10-Year Limited
Warranty on covered components
PublicationsSL280DFV Gas Furnace Homeowners ManualSL280V Gas Furnace Product Brochure
*Based on sound pressure levels during steady-state, high-fire operation of Lennox
SL280UHV070V36A and leading competitive units at mid-point temperature rise and minimum
external static pressure when set up per Section 4.5.3 of AHRI 260-2001. **This chart
depicts potential energy savings you can expect from the SL280V furnace, versus older
furnaces with lower efficiency ratings. Criteria used in this example are 2,000 full-load
heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368 ccf for gas. Your
actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in your local area, local
fuel rates and your individual lifestyle.
***Proper sizing and installation of
equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Verify actual system efficiency
Wi-Fi® Touchscreen thermostat must be installed with an iComfort-enabled
indoor unit for maximum performance.