Don't Overlook HVAC in Spring Cleaning!
Here are some tips to stay energy efficient as the weather changes:
- Check your air-conditioning and heating equipment before the beginning of a new season.
- Check and replace your furnace and air-conditioning filters. (this should be done every month)
- If you disconnected the power to your central air conditioning system in the winter, wait 24-hours after turning power back on to the system to run it. Your compressor needs that time to warm-up.
- Keep the thermostat constant. Continuously adjusting the thermostat can be very inefficient. You can, however, raise the thermostat 2-3 degrees during the day while you're away to save money.
- Consider use of a programmable thermostat to automatically increase or decrease temperatures during day and night to suit a family's lifestyle and reduce energy cost.
- Don't block vents or ducts inside the house to assure air flow in the home
Call Deiter Bros. to help with any of your spring time service needs!